20 years ago a list of the best ways to make money online would take up half a page. Today the number of opportunities and businesses online could literally fill a volume of the Yellow Pages (yes, they’re still around).
For our purposes, we have built a list of those opportunities that are internet-specific or, in most cases, are geared to those who are looking for flexibility, wish to be their own boss or are looking for extra income from the convenience of their own home.
We wish the best of luck in your search. Useful links have been provided where applicable.
1) Selling PLR (private label rights or MRR (master resell rights) products like ebooks, software and videos. See this PLR Product Site…
2) Sell advertising space on your website. Take a look at BuySellAds.
4) Clean out your attic and sell items on Ebay.
5) Become a SEO (search engine optimization specialist. Free training possible with courses at sites like Udemy.
6) You could create and sell your own digital products or outsource your ideas. Check out folks who can teach you how to do this by checking out sites like Freelance Writing.
11) If you speak a foreign language, you might be able to transcribe or serve as an online intermediary. For Spanish, check out Spanish Language Tutor…
12) Despite some bad publicity, Multilevel Marketing (MLM) can be a lucrative pursuit. Look into Forever Living, Melaleuca and Amway as good examples of legitimate opportunities. MLM was alive and well long before the internet came along. It is still one of the best opportunities to make money online if you choose carefully.
13) Many webmasters are looking to increase their rankings in the search engines. If you have a website you can sell legitimate back links to interested buyers. Sites like BackLinks and WhyLinks are online marketplaces for white hat links that you can buy, sell or trade.
15) You could become a work at home customer service representative. Here is a full list of companies that hire for these positions from Rat Race Rebellion…
16) Becoming a software developer is one of the oldest jobs on the net (app developer is also applicable here). There are online courses you can take if you have an interest in seeing if this line of work is for you. Here is a list from CreativeBloq….
17) With the popularity of platforms like Skype, Google Hangouts or Periscope, becoming a business coach is becoming a path for many. Programs provided by the aforementioned Frank Kern or Internet Profits can provide you with ongoing training to achieve this goal.
18) Coaching or training in general is becoming more practical in the 5G cyberspace of 2020. If you have experience as a yoga teacher, tai chi expert, chef, language teacher or any other marketable skill, consider taking your specialized knowledge to the internet for greater exposure and convenience. Take a look at the abundant number of courses by everyday folks on YouTube and you might decide that offering your expertise to a worldwide audience my be one of the best opportunities for making money online for you.
19) Another position that is almost as old as the internet itself is becoming a forum moderator. Except now positions aren’t limited to Compuserve or MySpace. More and more companies are hiring social media managers to engage with their customers on Facebook and Twitter, etc.
20) If you have a flair for editing or proofreading the work of others, consider becoming a full or part-time proofreader. Checking out Proofreading Services is a good place to start, while sites like Flex Jobs or Upwork also provide these opportunities.
21) Becoming a website, squeeze page or blog developer is also an excellent choice if you have the talent or inclination. If you have no experience, articles like How To Become A Freelance Web Developer might be of interest to you.
22) Consider, too, becoming a freelance video editor or creator. Video is becoming more and more the most popular medium on the internet. Know also that don’t have to break the bank to acquire the necessary equipment. For more ideas about this read 12 Tips On How To Work From Home As A Freelance Video Editor…
23) Don’t forget survey taking or completing what are known as micro tasks. And, yes, there are legitimate online opportunities for this. Check out sites like Swagbucks, Inbox Dollars or Pinecone Research.
24) Becoming a solo ads vendor is certainly one of the best ways to make money online.. Many people in online marketing use email as a way of communicating with potential customers. Many of these buy or rent lists. A solo ads vendor is someone who can send emails to a targeted audience of a particular niche. The results are measured by the number of sales or opt-ins. This can be a lucrative business. To learn more about becoming a solo ads vendor visit Udemy for a course like Solo Ad Secrets.
25) We’ve previously discussed affiliate marketing. But what about becoming an affiliate marketing manager? You can sign up on a site like ShareASale and see that each company has an individual that interacts with the affiliates, providing links, banners and advice. You can also manage affiliates once you’ve created your own product or outsourced the task.
It’s hoped that this list of 25 of the best opportunities to make money online will get you up and running or, at the very least, stimulate some serious consideration of the alternatives. Of course, this is just a handful of ideas and many might not be of interest. But keep looking and keep a positive attitude and you will likely find an opportunity that you are comfortable with.
You may also like Ingredients For Selling The Best Products Online As An Affiliate.